YOU CAN NOW CONFIGURE YOUR NATIONAL IDENTITY NUMBER (NIN) USING THIS STRATEGIES
It’s no longer new information that the Federal Government through Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) has ordered all telecommunications to block several sims that refused to verify and link their National Identity Number (NIN) to their respective SIM.
Here are easy and quick steps for Nigerians to link their National Identity Number (NIN) to their MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile Number through USSD and Online.
These are steps to follow in case you are yet to Enrol on the National ID card scheme.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NATIONAL IDENTITY NUMBER (NIN)
How to Enrol for NIN
- Fill up the pre-enrolment form online, and download and print Pre Enrolment Slip. Fill out the NIMC Pre Enrolment online form by visiting Pre Enrolment Portal.
- Walk directly into any NIMC enrollment Centre nationwide
- You can register through other licensed agents (ask around your neighbourhood)
- NIN issuance
NIMC Enrolment Centres
There are selected centres country-wide and in foreign places in which you may effortlessly walk in too to enrol for NIN. To find NIMC enrolment Centres close to you, go to the NIMC webpage and click on your country or Diaspora place for a complete listing of centres throughout the place.
Things you will need for NIN Registration
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Attestation letter from an outstanding ruler to your community
- Birth certificates
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/conventional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government team of worker’s ID card
- Registered/diagnosed personal organisation team of workers ID card
- School ID Card (personal/public)
- Tax Clearance certificates
- Valid immigration documents
How to Check or Retrieve National Identity Number (NIN) Via USSD
Dial *346# on your phone to retrieve your NIN. This carrier is FREE OF CHARGE on all of the Nigerian Mobile Networks along with MTN, AIRTEL, GLO and 9mobile.
Now that you know your National ID card Number, move forward in Linking your National Identity Number (NIN) to your Number.
Steps to Link your NIN to Your MTN Number.
- Dial *785# usingthe phone number you wish to link, input your NIN and submit or dial *785*Your NIN# from the phone number you want to l The number will be linked to your NIN automatically.
- You also can go to https://mtnonline.com/nin/ or download MyMTN App to post your NIN info.
Steps to Link NIN to Glo Number
You can now link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your phone number as a Glo subscriber. Simply send “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName and LastName” to 109.
Steps to Link NIN to Airtel Number
To Link your National Identification Number (NIN) with your phone number. Just dial *121*1# now to link.
Steps to Link NIN to 9Mobile Number
Visit http://www.9mobile.com.ng/nin Or dial *200*8#
Forgotten your NIN? See, How to Check & Retrieve National Identity Number (NIN) on Phone.
NIN Retrieval without a Phone Number
If you’ve misplaced your phone number (that you used throughout enrolment for the NIN) and the temporal NIMC slip, then strive the subsequent to retrieve your NIN
- Dial the overall retrieval code (*346#) together along with your present number linked with your BVN
- Try the usage of the NIMC Mobile app – you can get the app at the NIMC webpage or on the Google Play store
- Go to nimc.gov.ng to print your NIN slip with the QR code and view your mobile.
- If none of the above, then proceed to any NIMC office close to you to liaise with an official to assist you.
- NIN Code: Please observe that the USSD code *346# is the general retrieval code for all networks. If you’re not able to link your NIN thru the methods mentioned on this page, then
- You need to truly go to the closest office of your carrier issuer to post/link your NIN.
- Go along with your NIN and SIM pack
- Alternatively, call the customer care line of your network provider.