UTME 2022: JAMB announces how to check results, warns against fraudsters
Candidates’ Jamb results were released on May 14, 2022, on Saturday for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Dr Fabian Benjamin has stated that the examination body’s obvious reasons has not uploaded the result to its website and advised on the process of checking the results before upload.
2022 UTME: How to check results
Dr Fabian in his statement said utme candidates can check their results through SMS codes, also giving students advice to use code to check their results by sending UTMERESULT in one word to 55019 to have their results checked.
Read also: YOU CAN NOW CONFIGURE YOUR NATIONAL IDENTITY NUMBER (NIN) USING THIS STRATEGIES
he also states that sending this SMS to the code is the only way to get your result checked and then the result will be sent to the candidate through text messages.
- A word from the JAMB spokesman said, “To check the 2022 UTME result, all a candidate needs to do is to simply send UTMERESULT to 55019 using the same phone number that he or she used for registration.
- “The result will be sent as a response to the candidate’s text message. This is the only process of checking the 2022 UTME results for now as the board has not uploaded it on its website for obvious reasons.”
UTME Warns candidates against internet fraudsters
The examination body warned candidates against desperate fraudsters who will send all kinds of messages on how to check their results through different means from the one directed by JAMB, asking them to ignore such messages.
- Benjamin said, “In addition, candidates are forewarned that they would, as usual, receive all kinds of messages from desperate fraudsters on how to check their results differ from the aforementioned one.
- “Hence, JAMB urges all candidates to ignore all such messages on how to check their 2022 UTME results as they are all products of deceit aimed at misleading them.”
- Benjamin stressed that JAMB adopted the user-friendly and simplified process of checking UTME results through the use of SMS to adhere to the ease of doing business protocol of the government.
- He added that the process was simplified to preclude the unconscionable exploitation of candidates by shylock business centres and cyber cafes which often took advantage of hapless candidates.
- The 2022 UTME began on May 6 and ends on May 16