Marriage is something you must understand before you say I do. It is divinely ordained by God from the inception of the world and can only be well understood by the initiator who is God.You must understand that no one can totally understand marriage except God but there are facts you must understand before embarking into it because it is a journey.
Marriage from the psychology of today is said to be “the process by which two people make their relationship public, official, and permanent. It is the joining of two people in a bond that putatively lasts until death, but in practice is often cut short by separation or divorce”
My definition on marriage is, it is the coming together of two different people with different lifestyles agreeing to become husband and wife until death separates them.
The fact about marriage is something you need to understand before embarking into it because it is a long journey and also an institution you can never graduate from except death separates you two.
TEN FACTS ABOUT MARRIAGE YOU MUST UNDERSTAND BEFORE YOU SAY I DO
- LOVE: Love is said to be a deep feeling or warm affection for someone or something. So before saying I do ensure you both love each other and can sacrifice for each other in difficult times. As a lady ensure the love for your man supersedes yours. It is advisable that the man loves you more which will make things work out fine.
- UNDERSTANDING: Understanding between you both is very important and must be considered before you say I do. Marriage can only work fine if both individuals understand each other. It is also very important you understand your moods.
- TRUST: Trust is a firm belief in the reliability, truth, and ability to confide in someone. It is very important that you two have trusted for each other before saying I do.
- PRAYER: Prayer is a communication between God and man. Before you say I do you must have built up your spiritual lives. It is very risky to journey into marriage when your spiritual lives are empty.
- FOUNDATIONAL PROBLEMS (BACKGROUND):You must understand that every family has one or two foundational problems. So before saying I do identify the problems and start seeking for solutions through fervent prayers, fastings and some sacrifices that might be needed to fight it. Do not allow the problems to catch you unawares.
- MONEY: This aspect must be considered too before saying I do, whether you agree with me or not at every junction in marriage money is needed. Even the scripture records that money answers all things. Before going into marriage you two must have something tangible to hold unto before entering into it while hoping to get more in the future.
- ACCEPTANCE: Before you say I do you must have accepted each other’s faults and weaknesses and also be ready to accept the one you are yet to see in the future.
- EMOTIONS: It is very important that you two understand your emotions in other to avoid hurting one another at all times.
- TEMPERAMENT: This is aspect is also very important, you two must have studied your temperament and see if you two can are good with it before saying i do
- COMPATABILITY: You need to ensure that you both are compatible before saying i do