Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Doctoral, Academic and Professional Masters’ and Postgraduate Diploma Programmes of the University of Jos in the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
1. A candidate seeking admission must possess five credit passes including English and Mathematics and other relevant subjects at O’ Level. Candidates seeking Admission into a Master’s Degree or Postgraduate Diploma of the University of Jos must hold a good (First or second class) Honours Degree of this University or of other Universities recognized by the Senate of University of Jos. The first degree must be in a discipline relevant to the programme into which admission is being sought.
2. A candidate seeking admission into an M.Phil/Ph.D programme must in addition possess a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline. M.Phil/Ph.D candidates are in addition required to have returned a Cumulative Score Average (CSA) of 60% and above in the final assessment result for the Master’s Degree as well as 60% and above in the Research Project. On admission, M.Phil/Ph.D candidates register for M.Phil in the first instance and on satisfactory performance may be subsequently upgraded to Ph.D registration.
3. For all admissions, degree result transcripts are required.
4. All Advertised programmes will run on a full-time basis.
5. For details of the available programmes, please visit www.unijos.edu.ng/postgraduates
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Create an Account
1. Visit portal.unijos.edu.ng
2. Click on FORMS APPLICATION
3. Click on Masters Programme
4. Fill in the Account Registration Form and click Register
An account activation Link is sent to the email provided. Login to the email and click on the Link to activate the account and launch the log in page to continue Or
Pay Application Form Charge
5. Visit portal.unijos.edu.ng
6. Click on LOGIN
7. Enter the email and password used to create an account
8. Click on Login to launch a personalized dashboard
9. Click on Application Charge and then on Pay Application Charges.
10. A window containing payment details will be displayed.
11. Click SELECT PAYMENT
12. Select your preferred payment option (Bank Branch, Card, etc) and provided the details required
13. Follow the prompt through until payment is successful
14. Print the receipt upon successful payment. Also print the other copy of the receipt sent to your email.
Fill in the Application Form
15. visit portal.unijos.edu.ng
16. Click on LOGIN
17. Type your email and password and then
18. click Login to launch your personalized dashboard
19. Click on My Profile
20. Click on Add/Edit Bio-Data and fill in the online application form. (Ensure you enter all the information requested on all tabs: bio-data, result, sponsor, next of kin as well as passport and signature upload)
21. Click on Submit when all tabs are correctly completed (a form will be generated for you. Print and keep for future reference)
Sales of Application Forms closes on 31st December, 2019
- Only valid and functional email address and phone number should be used. All further correspondences will be done through the email address and phone number provided.
- Referees forms are sent electronically. You must therefore provide referees’ valid and functional email addresses and phone numbers. Note that once the referee form is correctly completed, it will automatically go to the relevant Department
- Corrections on personal information or change of course after completion of application form may attract a fee. Therefore, ensure the online form is carefully and correctly completed.
Chief Monday M. Danjem
Registrar, University of Jos