5 Things You Must Know About Late Dejo Tunfulu – Nollywood Comic Actor
Dejo tufulu whose real name is Kunle Makinde Adetokunbo was a famous Yoruba comic actor, writer, and producer.
Following the Nollywood actor’s death, it has been a shocking and sad moment for the Nollywood industry.
Dejo’s death was announced by Kunle Afod, a fellow actor and a friend in the industry.
The cause of his death is yet to be revealed
The famous radio presenter Adeyemi Olabode, post oh his Facebook page saying: “I saw the post about your demise and hurriedly called your line so you can debunk the ‘April fool’ news, but alas! It was picked by your son. You were so kind and down to earth.”
“You are one of the few I do lean on in the entertainment industry. I can’t do without disturbing you with my weekly BC messages on Whatsapp. So we won’t be able to speak again Egbon. So our plans won’t be again? Rest in peace egbon Kunle Mark Tokunbo a.k.a Dejo Tunfulu.”
He was a native of Abeokuta in Ogun State but was born in Idumota, Lagos Island area of Lagos State, on May 31, 1972.
Naijapalaba News has put together 5 things you should know about late Dejo Tunfulu below.
5 things you should know about late Dejo Tunfulu
- He got his name “Dejo Tunfulu” from his comic roles in movies, often as a stammerer.
- He started acting way back in high school when he joined the entertainment society (a school drama club) and did some stage plays in the early 1980s.
- Dejo Tunfulu lived in close proximity to some notable stars like Fausat Balogun (Madam Saje) and Kayode Olasehinde (Baba Ajirebi) while growing up and had the opportunity to receive training from them even as a boy.
- He joined Akuko Gagara Theatre Group and Kolawole International Theatre Group, where he got his first television appearance in 1987 in the drama series “Apere Ijongbon” presented by the Kolawole International Theatre Group.
- The actor shot into the limelight for his role in the movie titled: “Omo Oran”, featuring the veteran actor Fatai Adetayo (Lalude).